Friday, July 11, 2008

Toe Tapping

A package from Amazon arrived last night and I got really excited. Of course it had to be the book I ordered last week - Midnight in Manhattan! Except it wasn't. I ripped it open and found a wrapped present inside. Still no alarm bells went off. I thought, "Hmmm, gift wrapped, that's weird. It must be because I used a gift card to purchase my book." But right as I started to tear at a corner of the wrapping paper, I noticed it had a little card with it. Inside the card was a note that read "Jeff, I'm not sure if you have this book already, but I thought of you when I saw it and thought the title would intrigue you. Love, Mom" Or something like that. There was a big sticker over the name on the address, so I just assumed it was for me. When will my book ever come!??

No comments: