Monday, July 14, 2008

Never Fear

For those of you worried about my lack of reading material - fear not. I am in the midst of Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl. And you can wipe that scowl off your face right now, because this book is not really about science. Here is the back description:

"Calamity Physics: The resulting explosion of energy, light, heartbreak, and wonder as Blue van Meer enters a small, elite school in a sleepy mountain town. Blue's highly unusual past draws her to a charismatic group of friends at St. Gallway (see page2, "wild, wayward youths," Everyman Parenting) and their captivating teacher, Hannah Schneider. A sudden drowning, a series of inexplicable events, and finally the shocking death of Hannah herself lead to a confluence of mysteries. And Blue is left to make sense of it all with only her gimlet-eyed instinct and a cultural lexicon to guide her."

I am witholding my opinions until I've finished the book. I'll let you know soon.

No comments: