Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Stand Corrected

I said something about being excited for the new Ann Patchett book on Monday night when I was hanging out with some friends and they said, "Oh! She has a new book already?" to which I replied, "What do you mean already?"

I guess Run came out *last July* not this July. I still want to read it, so it can stay on my To Do List (see my post last week), but I felt I needed to correct myself nonetheless.

On a side note, I started The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart this week. So far so good. What book are you currently reading? Is it good?

2 comments:

Shedding the Walrus suit said...

I'm reading "Merde Happens," by Stephen Clarke. It's the third in his series about Paul West, the fellow from London who opens up a tea shop in Paris.

It's fluffy reading, really, but very funny and I enjoy the male perspective every now and again.

Jill, did you read "A Year in the Merde" and "In the Merde for Love?" You might enjoy. : )

Kristin said...

My boss just loaned me a book called "Same Kind of Different As Me", a true story about a "modern day slave" who becomes friends with a wealthy art dealer.

I'm also reading "Buddha Is As Buddha Does: The Ten Original Practices For Enlightened Living" and "Race & Ethnic Relations, 2nd Custom Edition for Western Washington University", but that one probably doesn't count.