Sunday, May 18, 2008

Airplane reading

Still working my way through The Great Gatsby. I read most of it on the plane today (in between bouts of head bobbing and drooling on myself while nodding off). I don't think I'm quite ready to review it, but I can say that I'm enjoying it. I just got to my hotel in DC and while I should probably go to bed, I'm still on west coast time. So instead, I ordered some chicken noodle soup from room service and am going to eat it with the cheese and crackers they sent me up a few minutes ago (one of the only perks of being a conference manager - free cheese and crackers). Of course they also sent me a bottle of wine, but I can't for the life of me open it so it looks like I'll be drinking tap water with my hands - I can't bring myself to even touch hotel glasses after that horrible news scandal where they showed hotel staff using windex and a toilet rag to wash out the hotel glasses that come in your room. SICK!! Then I will hopefully finish this book before falling asleep. The rest of the week will be a loss as far as reading goes, I'll be spending my time reading the conference agenda and rooming list at the hotel. Once this conference is over, you can bet that I will buy a trashy airport book to read on the flight home. I'm already looking forward to it.

No comments: