Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weddings and Sunburns

If I was a Native American in the Kevin Costner days, my name today would be She With Red Nose. It looks kind of like I have a prosthetic nose that was picked out in the wrong color. Jeff walked by me while I was putting on copious amounts of cover up in an attempt to fade out the burn line on my nose, and muttered under his breath, "Mr. Potato Head nose". Then he ran away snickering but covering his bum for fear that I would give him the wedgie of his life.

The wedding was lovely, the sun came out and everything looked straight out of a Martha Stewart Wedding magazine. Everything except my sunburned nose. Oh well, it wasn't MY wedding. I did learn something new about my husband though. He is spectacular at singing along with anything involving a falsetto voice. His specialties? Little Richard, Justin Timberlake, and Prince.

On the reading front, I finished The Handmaid's Tale, so look for a review shortly.

No comments: