Thursday, June 12, 2008

Slowest Reader Ever

I was right. I was way too excited in LA to read much. I read about 4 pages while on the beach in Malibu before a seagull shat on me. Then I think I read about 2 pages on the plane ride home before falling asleep with my head on the pull down table (my chatty single neighbor did WAKE ME UP to offer to let me rest my head on his shoulder while I slept, but I declined - creeeeepy). I'm still reading Bookends by Jane Green, and hope to be done in the next couple of days.

Jeff and I leave for Juneau, Alaska next week for my cousin's wedding which is on the 21st. We'll be there for 5 nights. I'm getting the distinct impression that I'll have more time in Alaska to read than I did in LA (less excitement = more time to read), so my plan is to tackle The Inheritance of Loss on that trip. I might even have time for a second book. Any recommendations? Please post any recommendations in the comments section!

1 comment:

Shedding the Walrus suit said...

Erik Larson (who wrote Devil in the White City) has a newish book out called Thunderstruck.

Also, if you haven't read it, Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer might be good for your trip. Nearly all of the true story takes place in Alaska!

Neither will be your usual, but might fit in with the scenery. : )