Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Eskimo Kisses

I'm back from Alaska! Sadly, I am nowhere near finished with The Pillars of the Earth. I was too busy making out with bears to read.Ahhh... isn't he cute?
Oh, but wait! Don't get too close, he might try to eat your face off!
Oh god noooooooooooooo!!
This photoshoot would have been way better if my Aunt had let me touch the bear. Apparently she put a big deposit down on the bear because some bride once had a little too much Alaskan Amber and tried to ride it. They caught it on the security cameras.
But back to reading. I will confess that I love the book so far, but JESUS it's long. I'm about 550 pages in, but considering there are over 900 pages in the book, I've still got a long way to go.
Lessons learned while in Alaska:
1. Don't bring a really big heavy book on vacation. It's cumbersome to cart around to the coffee shops and other places that you might want to read.
2. I still love medieval literature.
3. A bear at a wedding is funny.

2 comments:

Tib said...

I think this trip my warrent me taking you down to campus for taco bar lunch to hear all about it... and the book too.

Kristin said...

I told you NOT to get eaten by a bear in Alaska, not "Go get yourself eaten by a bear"! You just never listen to me.