Thursday, March 25, 2010

Faceless Killers

This was my attempt to recreate my love for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Swedish author? Check. Murder mystery? Check. Potential for sequels? CHECK.

It was pretty good. I'm not sure I'll rush out to buy the next one, but I'll probably read it soonish. The mystery was very perplexing and I didn't really know how it was going to end - which is important for me when it comes to mysteries. Kurt Wallander - the detective in this mystery series is complex (also important). But it wasn't quite as smart and addictive as the Dragon Tattoo series. It's like Dragon Tattoo lite.

Also - I can't make the image of this book smaller. Sorry. Blogger hates my Mac and I don't have the energy to fight it.

1 comment:

Amy Ware said...

Dave and I saw a Norweigian author speak on Monday. His name is Jo Nesbo and I am eager to read his books. They sound similar-ish to Steig Larson. You might give him a try.