Sunday, November 23, 2008

Quick Update

This is just a quick update to let you know that I really appreciated your book recommendations last week. I brought them all to Half Priced Books yesterday afternoon and they only had 2 or 3 of them in stock. I ended up buying Everything is Illuminated by the same author as Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud, which Raych recommended. A coworker was already planning to loan me ECaIL next week, so I will read it soon, but Everything is Illuminated sounded good too so I picked it up.

On a side note, it recently dawned on me that I still have 2 books to read for the New Classics Challenge. I'm running out of time, so I better get my shit together and pick them out. I think a friend was going to loan me On Beauty by Zadie Smith, and I believe my plan was to also read The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. I need to get my hands on a copy of that soon. That said, I did hear a pretty persuasive argument over dinner last night to read The Road by McCarthy which is also on the challenge list. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Mari said...

Next on my list is Bel Canto.
So, do we have until the 1st or the 31st of January for the Challenge? I thought it was to the end of January and then realized the button has it down as the 1st. I better get reading if that is the case.

Care said...

I'm going to read The Road over the Tday holiday! If that helps, I'm not sure, but...

Bybee said...

I'm so happy you're planning to read Oscar Wao!